Education and Behavioral Intervention
The Johnson Center provides behavioral intervention to ensure that children have the skills necessary to reach their full potential.
At The Johnson Center, a number of behavioral and educational assessments are offered. Functional Behavioral Assessments (FBA), language and preference assessments, functional analysis, and program analysis are just a few of those offered to ensure that relevant interventions are being implemented for each child.
The Johnson Center offers consultation for ABA teams. If you are seeking a second opinion, we are available to work with your existing team to make recommendations for program improvement or expansion.
Our staff is also available for consultation with professionals in the school environment. Educators are sometimes faced with a student with extensive challenges, and we can assist the school in finding the best approach to meet these challenges. Sometimes, classroom-wide interventions to meet specific group challenges are necessary.
Supervision and Training
There are several options for supervision available at The Johnson Center, for both professionals and families.
Our staff is available to supervise students who are working toward their BCBA or BCaBA (through individual or group supervision), as well as practicing BCaBA’s.
For families, we offer supervision of ABA programs for children of all ages.
Training is available for therapists, continuing education, and staff development. Areas include:
• Introduction to Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)
• Using ABA to Teach Children with Autism
• Using ABA to teach new skills
• Using ABA to decrease challenging behavior
• Addressing Maintenance and Generalization with ABA
• Introduction to Functional Behavioral Assessment (FBA)
• Introduction to Behavior Intervention Plans (BIP)
• Writing Measurable Goals and Objectives
• Progress Monitoring: Collecting, Graphing, and Using IEP Data
• Introduction to Toilet Training
• Introduction to Behavioral Feeding Intervention
• Introduction to Positive Behavior Supports
• Communication Intervention Strategies
Our staff can provide direct therapy for people of all ages. Therapy may be provided on a one-on-one basis or in small groups. Additionally, our staff offers assistance with feeding issues, toilet training, pill swallowing, and other targeted behaviors.
Therapies offered include
• One-on-one ABA interventions – for more information on ABA click here.
• Social skills groups for teens and pre-teens utilizing UCLA PEERS Program
• Social skills groups for students in grades 1st – 4th utilizing the Children’s Friendship Training program
ABA Training for School Districts
Collaboration with other intervention providers including Speech-Language Pathologists, Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, etc.